Cooperative Business Development
The CFL Cooperative Development Program (CDP) organizes community members to create worker-owned cooperative businesses with the mission of economic and social justice. Through CFL’s holistic, neighborhood-rooted approach, CDP:
- Builds leadership and coaches cooperative members and community organizations
- Cultivates relationships to strengthen the cooperative movement
- Generates and shares best practices and models for cooperative growth
Amount Generated from the Up&Go Platform for Cooperative Cleaning Companies
In its first 15 years, from 2006-2021, CDP has incubated and supported more than 20 cooperative businesses, including Si Se Puede/We Can Do It cleaning, Beyond Care childcare, Golden Steps elder care, Émigré Gourmet catering, Trusty Amigos dog walking and pet care, Maharlika office cleaning, Sunset Scholars tutoring, and NannyBee childcare.
We are the proud developers of BrightlyⓇ, the first worker cooperative franchise of cleaning cooperatives in the United States, and Up & Go, the first gig platform owned by its member cooperatives. These scaling initiatives continue to receive national and international attention!
- Learn about the BrightlyⓇ Cooperative Franchise Model: how and why it was developed, its core elements, structure and plans for its expansion beyond NYC. Click here.
- CFL’s Cooperative Development Model: what it is, how it works and our key successes. Click here.
- To receive updates, sign up for our monthly bilingual newsletter.
- Interested in starting a worker cooperative?
- Fill out this brief form to receive our Cooperative Startup Guides in English.
- Llene un breve cuestionario para recibir nuestras Guías para Cooperativas Startup en Español.
For a full list of CFL-supported cooperatives, access our 2019 Cooperative Business Directory.